On Palm Sunday 2019, the story of Christ’s Passion will be proclaimed from the gospel of Luke. In this series, Fr. Martin will guide us through an in-depth study of those specific passages, comparing and contrasting them to last year’s Passion account by Mark. This series will serve as an excellent Lenten preparation for commemorating Christ’s death and resurrection during Holy Week and Easter.
Tuesday evenings: March 19 – April 9 | 6:30 – 8:30 p.m.
Aquinas Institute of Theology: 23 S. Spring Ave., St. Louis, MO 63108
Cost: $25 per session or $80 for all 4 sessions. Attend as many as you wish. Click here to register.
Theology for Life is a weekly lecture series exploring topics of interest to those seeking to deepen their understanding of the world through the lens of Catholic faith. Sessions have been led by popular, engaging speakers, including Dr. Ghazala Hayat, M.D., Dr. Bahar Bastani, M.D., Sr. Juliet Mousseau, RSCJ, Fr. Don Goergen, O.P., Paul Coutinho, Rev. Seán Martin, Sr. Carolyn Sur, S.S.N.D., and Sr. Carla Mae Streeter, O.P.
Past topics have included:
- Black Lives Matter: Challenges + Responsibilities for Catholics
- Who Killed Jesus? A Study of the Passion Narrative in Mark’s Gospel
- Understanding the Religion of our Muslim Sisters and Brothers
- Catholic Fact or Fiction: Legends, True Stories, and Conspiracies
- Who is God? Who am I? The Christian Calling to Transformation
- Backpacking with the Saints - Nature Wandering as Spiritual Practice
- Embracing the Holy Spirit
- Eastern Spirituality
- Did Jesus Have a Sense of Humor?
- The Interface of Psychology and Spiritual Experience
- Universal Spirituality
- Hildegard of Bingen
- In Search of My Soul