Tuesdays from 6:30-8:30 p.m.
Recognizing White Privilege & Our Hidden Biases
Kenneth Pruitt, Diversity Awareness Partnership
Truths about Racism Catholics Need to Face
Amy Hunter, Manager of Diversity & Inclusion, St. Louis Children’s Hospital
Systemic Causes of the Wealth Gap Between White and Black Families
Ray Boshara, Center for Household Financial Stability
Mass Incarceration of Young Black Men (and Women, Too)
Rev. Dietra Wise Baker, Break the Pipeline Campaign
What is Being Done & How You Can Get Involved
Nancy Cambria – Brown School of Social Work, Washington University
Cost: $25 per session or $100 for all 5 sessions. Attend as many as you wish. Click here or email email@example.com to register.
Theology for Life is a weekly lecture series exploring topics of interest to those seeking to deepen their understanding of the world through the lens of Catholic faith. Sessions have been led by popular, engaging speakers, including Dr. Ghazala Hayat, M.D., Dr. Bahar Bastani, M.D., Sr. Juliet Mousseau, RSCJ, Fr. Don Goergen, O.P., Paul Coutinho, S.J., Rev. Seán Martin, Sr. Carolyn Sur, S.S.N.D., and Sr. Carla Mae Streeter, O.P.
Past topics have included:
- Who Killed Jesus? A Study of the Passion Narrative in Mark’s Gospel
- Understanding the Religion of our Muslim Sisters and Brothers
- Catholic Fact or Fiction: Legends, True Stories, and Conspiracies
- Who is God? Who am I? The Christian Calling to Transformation
- Backpacking with the Saints - Nature Wandering as Spiritual Practice
- Embracing the Holy Spirit
- Eastern Spirituality
- Did Jesus Have a Sense of Humor?
- The Interface of Psychology and Spiritual Experience
- Universal Spirituality
- Hildegard of Bingen
- In Search of My Soul
For information regarding future sessions, call 314.256.8800, or send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.