Minimum Hardware and Software Requirements for Online Courses at Aquinas Institute
You should be able to access your courses from just about any computer with an Internet connection. Public access or workplace access may be limited due to firewalls.
Aquinas utilizes Blackboard Learn (Bb) as its online course management system. Bb courses may be accessed at https://blackboard.slu.edu.
At a minimum you will need to have the following:
- Access to a computer
- Internet access*
- Mozilla Firefox browser (to download, https://www.mozilla.org)
- Microsoft Word for word processing
- Microsoft PowerPoint for presentation software
- Adobe Reader (for Windows) or the Adobe Reader app (for Mac)
- Access to SLU email at https://mail.slu.edu (you’ll be provided instructions on how to activate your SLU account); their email is web-based email. So, you will be able to check it online using Mozilla Firefox
*High-speed Internet access is recommended. Students using older, slower computers may have difficulty accessing the course or some of its functions or getting course pages to load in a timely manner. Likewise, connecting to the Internet via a dial-up connection will decrease the speed with which students can interact with course material. Audio or video files will take substantially longer to load, and may appear choppy, or not at all.
If you have questions, contact Dan Moore in Instructional Technology at (314) 256-8878 or firstname.lastname@example.org.