Spiritual Care Director
Nazareth Living Center
The Spiritual Care Director is responsible for the leadership and supervision of the spiritual care department, providing services to meet the spiritual and emotional needs of residents, families, and staff.
Develops and executes strategic plans, including managing the departmental budget. Coordinates Catholic and other religious services and sacramental ministry as appropriate for residents. Provides spiritual support, participates in the interdisciplinary team and documents as appropriate in the medical record. Serves as a resource for residents/families coping with difficult decisions at end of life. Provides bereavement resources to residents and families. Educates staff and volunteers on the mission and values of Nazareth Living Center and the importance of spiritual care in health and healing.
• One (1) to three (3) years of active ministry in church or healthcare setting.
• Bachelor’s degree in theology or related field.
• Theological understanding and respect towards all faith expressions.
• Excellent listening and communication skills.
• Completion of at least one (1) to four (4) units of clinical pastoral education at Association for Clinical Pastoral Education (ACPE) or National Association of Catholic Chaplains (NACC) approved centers.
To apply, email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.