The Associate Director of the Office of Professional Formation provides programmatic oversight and coordination of contextual education components of the Iliff curriculum, as well as coordination of vocational discernment and career planning opportunities. The Associate Director reports to
the Director of OPF and works closely with the Director to ensure the overall success of contextual education
The purpose of the Office of Professional Formation (OPF) at Iliff School of Theology is to nurture the leadership formation of students through integrative, contextually-based educational opportunities such as internship, Clinical Pastoral Education, and immersive learning courses. OPF prioritizes student learning and works with various constituencies, both internal and external to the school, to support student professional development and skill building in alignment with Iliff’s core values of academic integrity,
relational respect, intersectional accountability, and dynamic spirituality.
● Provide internship, Clinical Pastoral Education (CPE), and chaplain endorsement preparation for students through
one-on-one consultations and group info sessions;
● Plan and facilitate quarterly trainings with site supervisors and community advisory council members, and co-plan/facilitate monthly internship seminar instructor trainings;
● Build and maintain relationships with potential site partners, including alumni, congregations, denominations, nonprofits, military, government, and business community partners, both locally and nationally; facilitate info sessions with site partners regarding internship processes and
● In collaboration with the Director, develop curriculum and materials for internship seminar course and process, as well as select and train instructors;
● Serve as the administrator of record for CPE by tracking registration, assigning credit, and creating Canvas Learning Management System (LMS) courses;
● Maintain departmental membership in the Association for Clinical Pastoral Education and develop relationships with local, regional, and national CPE sites and other chaplaincy-related organizations;
● Collaborate with internal and external partners to develop student opportunities for vocational discernment and career planning and support;
● Identify and coordinate denominational liaisons at Iliff for student support regarding processes of ministerial / diaconal authorization;
● Work with Director to develop infrastructure and manage program for immersive learning courses;
● Other duties as assigned
● Master’s degree in a relevant field with a minimum of 3-5 years of related/translatable work experience
- Relevant degree fields include: Theology, divinity, religion, education, leadership or administration, program development, non-profit management, communications, social work, social justice/change, etc.
- Related fields for work experience include: Theology/religion/ministry, program coordination, internships or contextual education, higher education administration, non-profit leadership or administration, and/or Clinical Pastoral Education (CPE)
● Strong program management skills and experience;
● Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail, with the ability to manage a number of competing projects;
● Excellent oral, active listening, and written communication skills using multiple formats (email, phone, in-person, etc.);
● Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to work independently on projects with minimal supervision, as well as collaboratively as a member of the team;
● Ability to build and maintain relationships with diverse Iliff community members (i.e.: students, alumni, staff, faculty, and trustees) and external community partners (i.e.: congregations, denominations, nonprofits, educational institutions, healthcare providers, government, military, and
● Ability to utilize online video conferencing technology (i.e., Zoom, FaceTime) to communicate effectively with individuals and groups, and to operate office and event-specific technology such as telephone, photocopier, A/V (microphone, projector, video camera), etc.;
● Proficient experience with, or ability to apply current proficiencies to, institution-specific technology, including but not limited to: Google Suite, Instructure (Canvas) LMS development (online course management), Jenzabar database management, Microsoft Suite, Survey Gizmo, and online design applications (Piktochart, Adobe Creative Cloud, etc.)
● Credentialed (authorized, ordained, etc.) religious leader;
● Doctorate degree;
● Experience within theological education and/or theological field education specifically, including Clinical Pastoral Education
Work is performed in an office environment, with access to adjustable seated or standing desk. Responsibilities are performed independently, either following routine methods or standing work instructions. Some early mornings, evenings, and weekend hours are required for departmental trainings
and events. Regular travel primarily in Metro Denver, some Colorado statewide travel, and occasional national travel required.
1. Stationary position for office work (i.e.: adjustable sitting or standing desk, seated meetings)
2. Ability to move different equipment (A/V, informational handouts, other event-based items) weighing up to 50 pounds across campus for various event needs.
3. Light physical activity including occasional bending, squatting, standing, walking and lifting lightweight materials up to 35 pounds.
4. Must be able to independently travel within Metro Denver, Colorado, and nationally.
5. Must be able to communicate with various stakeholders (i.e.: one-to-one and group in-person gatherings telephone, email, etc.) and observe meetings for recording and evaluation.
The Iliff School of Theology is an equal opportunity employer and as such prohibits unlawful discrimination against applicants or employees on the basis of age 40 and over, race, sex, color, religion, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender expression, creed, pregnancy, marital status, veteran status, or other legally protected statuses. All applicants and employees are treated equally according to their qualifications, abilities, and experience in conducting all personnel actions and procedures including, but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, placement, training, discipline,
transfer, promotion, benefits, layoff, leaves of absence, compensation, and all other terms and conditions of
employment. For more information, visit us at www.iliff.edu.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to
Deadline for application is July 31, 2019.