The Cathedral is the mother church of the Diocese of Belleville, a parish of 1300 households (over 2500 individuals) located in the metropolitan St. Louis area.
The organist/choir director must have the talents to:
- Provide organ accompaniment for 3 of 4 Vigil/Sunday Masses (also holydays).
- Conduct rehearsals for Men's Choir, Women's Choir and Cantors, and pursue development of a Children's Choir.
- Be responsible for Cathedral instruments: 3 organs / grand piano / electric keyboard.
- Work collaboratively and creatively with the Rector and staff in liturgical preparation, bringing from the Church's treasury music both "ever ancient (and) ever new."
- This person may also serve as diocesan organist.
Salary is commensurate with experience, education and training. (Weddings and Funerals provide additional, stipended income; the parish averages 20 weddings and 50 funerals per year.)
Please email cover letter and resume to the Business Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org