St. Agnes Academy teachers educate within the high school academic level. They teach, inspire, advise, critique, question and counsel to bring out the best in our Academy women.
Faith, Community, and Dominican Charism
• Ensure that the four pillars of a Dominican education (prayer, study, community, preaching) are developed and promoted among the school community.
• Develop an active faith community and model Christian values.
• Incorporate prayer and spiritual formation within the student, faculty/staff and parent communities.
• Uphold and implement the Dominican charism and the Houston Dominican Sisters’ congregational goals.
The main responsibilities will include:
• Plan lessons and engage students in an active learning environment
• Establish clear lines of communication in student-teacher and parent-teacher relationships to support classroom management and meet individual student needs
• Develop collegial working relationships with department and inter-department collaboration
• Engage in life-long learning practices and professional development, share with teaching level and department, and integrate into lesson planning and classroom management
• Actively participate in student and faculty activities (retreats, lunch duty, faculty meetings, and in-service activities)
• Commitment to embrace the mission of St. Agnes Academy
• Minimum of a four-year B.A./B.S. degree in Theology or related field (Master’s level preferred)
• Teaching certificate or twelve credit hours in education courses
• Ability to establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others
• Professional attitude and appearance
• Completion of Virtus/Safe Haven training
• A practicing Roman Catholic in good standing
• BA in Theology or Pastoral Studies, MA is preferred with two - five years teaching experience
• Commitment to the social mission of the Catholic Church as embraced by our Dominican charism and heritage
• Positive, creative, collaborative, solution-oriented temperament
• Show a demonstrated competency in multicultural, ecumenical, and interfaith issues
• An ability to continue and advance the ecumenical and inter-religious understanding among students, faculty and staff, and support all students in their own unique faith formation.
• An understanding of the spiritual/religious development stages of contemporary youth
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office required; willingness to manage technologies such as ProPresenter, iTunes, Spotify, GoPro, etc.
• Strong work ethic with the ability to manage multiple, and occasionally simultaneous, deadlines and projects with efficiency and accuracy
• Excellent judgment, confidentiality, discretion, and diplomacy
This job operates in a professional/educational environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit at desk area, communicate via phone/face to face, manually input data into a computer, walk to different office areas, reach with hands and arms, and lifting a minimum of 25 lbs.
St. Agnes Academy is an equal opportunity employer. We may not be able to respond to every applicant regarding the status of his or her application. Candidates whose qualifications most closely match our requirements will be contacted. A background check satisfactory to the school is required.
To apply, click here.