Assistant Professor of Pastoral Theology
Director of Theological Field Education
Director of Master of Arts in Pastoral Studies in the Catechesis of the Good Shepherd
- Bachelor of Science, Chemistry, Ohio Dominican University, Columbus, Ohio
- Master of Divinity, Aquinas Institute of Theology, St. Louis, Missouri
- Doctor of Ministry in Christian Spirituality, Washington Theological Union, Washington, D.C.
Recent Publications & Grants
Selected Presentations, Facilitations and Programs Developed
- “Teilhard and Sustenance for the Long Haul.” Catechesis of the Good Shepherd Cavalletti Centenary Symposium, Aquinas Institute of Theology, Saint Louis, Missouri. Paper presented, August 19-21, 2017.
- “Difficult Conversations.” For DREs and CREs of Northwest County Deanery, Archdiocese of St. Louis, Holy Spirit Catholic Church. Presenter, February 18, 2016.
- “Toward Fullness in Christ: Time, Play and the Work of your Hands.” St. Louis University Campus Ministry Team, Saint Louis, Missouri. Presenter, August 7, 2015.
- “Rooted in Promise II.” A six-month (March-October 2014) ongoing formation program for lay ecclesial ministers with up to eight years in full-time ministry. Developed in consultation with Marian Love, Aquinas Institute of Theology and Denise Simeone, parish consultant. Session 1, Through Him: Time; Session 2, With Him: Space/Place; Session 3, In Him: Beauty; and Session 4, In Unity.
- “Twelve Steps to a Compassionate Life,” University City Public Library, Building Common Ground: Discussions of Community, Civility and Compassion. Grant project of ALA Public Programs Office and the Fetzer Institute. Facilitator for Karin Armstrong’s text; three public discussions; Spring 2012.
- “Rooted in Promise.” A two-year (March 2011-2013) ongoing formation program for Lay Ecclesial Ministers with up to eight years in full-time ministry. Developed in collaboration with Marian Love, Aquinas Institute of Theology and Denise Simeone, parish consultant. Session 1, God’s Promise: Our Faithful Response; Session 2, God’s Promise: Our Authentic Response; Session 3, God’s Promise: Our Generous Response; Session 4, God’s Promise: Our Compassionate Response; Session 5, God’s Promise: Our Creative Response; Session 6, God’s Promise: Our Prophetic Response.
- “Shaping Community: A Pastoral Planning Process.” St. Joseph Catholic Church, Marion, Illinois. Facilitated discernment of three key goals for pastoral planning, February 26, 2011.
- One-Site Discernment Team, Blessed Teresa of Calcutta Catholic Church, Ferguson, Missouri. Designed and facilitated leadership team discernment process for site consolidation, May 2010-June 2011.
Professional Memberships & Boards
- Society for the Study of Christian Spirituality
- Catholic Association of Theological Field Education
- Association for Theological Field Education
- National Association for Lay Ministry
- National Association of Church Personnel Administrators
- St. Louis Cluster Clinical Pastoral Education Board
- Professional Consultation Committee of Lutheran Senior Services Clinical Pastoral