Director of Campus Ministry
Mercy College of Health Sciences is central Iowa’s only Catholic College, and is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission, North Central Association of Colleges and Schools. We are affiliated with Mercy Medical Center, one of central Iowa's largest health care systems. We pride ourselves in providing the next generation of healthcare providers a quality education while instilling in them the core values of knowledge, reverence, integrity, compassion and excellence given to us by our founders, the Sisters of Mercy. For more information about our College please see our website at www.mchs.edu.
We have an exciting opportunity open for a Director of Campus Ministry. The position will provide spiritual support to all members of the College community, including supervising the Living and Learning community at Mercy Court. The position will also teach in our School of Liberal Arts and Sciences.
• Advances the Catholic Church’s mission of higher education within the institution, while fostering the charism of the Sisters of Mercy, with special attention on Church documents, Ex Corde Ecclesiae and Empowered by the Spirit.
• Assists students with the application of spiritual values and faith development. Provides pastoral counseling and spiritual direction as needed.
• Supervises, develops and supports a living and learning environment with students living at Mercy Court.
• Provides teaching, supervision and evaluation of student learning experiences in courses such as servant leadership, scripture or religious studies.
• Provides individual advisement and guidance for intellectual and professional development of students.
Successful candidates will possess
• Master’s degree in ministry, scripture, theology, or religious studies.
• Demonstrated ability to teach in higher education.
• Active Roman Catholic.
• Three years experience with non-traditional-aged young adult ministry.
• Knowledge of contemporary issues in Catholic higher education.
• Significant understanding of the essentials of young adult ministry.
• Ability to live in the Living and Learning community at Mercy Court. A furnished apartment will be provided by the College.
Interested applicants should apply, online, at www.mercydesmoines.org.
Mercy College of Health Sciences is an equal opportunity employer.