Associate Professor of Homiletics, Director of the DMin in Preaching Program
Education and Position
- BA Caldwell College (History and Music)
- MM The Catholic University of America (Music Education)
- MA Vanderbilt University (Religion/Scripture)
- DMin Aquinas Institute of Theology (Preaching)
- As a Sister in the Caldwell Dominican Congregation, I have recently completed a five-year term on the congregational leadership team.
- I hold membership in the Academy of Homiletics and the Catholic Association of Teachers of Homiletics (CATH).
Recent Parish Missions
- "Another Look at the Sacraments in Light of the Universe Story",
St. Dorothea Church, Eatontown, NJ
- “The Great and Grandparents of Jesus,” Our Lady of Good Counsel, Pompton, Plains, NJ
- “When Tradition Meets Insight,” St. Bernard & St. Stanislaus Parish, Plainfield, NJ
Recent Days of Reflection
- "Mary, Truly Our Sister", Our Lady of Sorrows, Jersey City, NJ,
and St. Aloysius Parish, Caldwell, NJ
- "Praying the Liturgy of the Hours", Collaborative Dominican Novitiate, St. Louis, MO
- "Our Vows in a Cosmic Context", Collaborative Dominican Novitiate, St. Louis, MO
- "Day of Prayer for Liturgical Ministers", Stella Maris Retreat Center, Elberon, NJ
- "Saints We Don’t Know", St. Mark’s Parish, Sea Girt, NJ
- "Waiting with Mary", Dominican Convent, Sparkill, NY
- "Ash Wednesday and Lent though a Cosmic Lens",
30 minute TV show taped and shown twice on local cable
- "Featured performer for 'National Violin Day'", St. Catherine Convent and Care Center, Caldwell, NJ
- The Sacraments we Receive and Are, Bethany Center, Antigonish, Nova Scotia (10 days)
- Vowed Life in a Cosmic Context, DominSparkill, NY (January 2010)
Publications and Writing in process
- Chapter on Dominican Sisters Doing Theology and Ecology in the 20th Century,
for “Dominicans Doing Justice", Volume 2 to be published in the next year.
- "Preaching Seeds, Preaching Starters and General Intercessions for two 6-week cycles of Renew International program", Arise, for use in the Boston and Stockton (arch) dioceses.
After years of experience in campus ministry, teaching at all levels, and liturgical ministry in parishes, I realize that all of that work and the study of theology come together and are enlivened by good preaching. So to teach preachers and to preach are passions that energize me. My academic interests are homiletics and Scripture with a special desire to read, teach and preach in light of the evolutionary Universe we inhabit. Other interests include reading fiction and poetry, music (listening and playing!), relaxed conversations over coffee or wine, and people – especially people with developmental disabilities. Being a native of New Jersey, I know the gift of the ocean who ministers to my body and spirit!