The Head of School will report to the Board of Directors and will assume all duties typically associated with
the role of the Chief Executive Officer. Specific duties will include continuing to implement the recently approved Strategic Plan as well as the key findings of the comprehensive School Quality Review (SQR).
The SQR is being conducted by the Interim Head and consists of the following elements:
• Review of curriculum and pedagogy, with an emphasis on incorporating best practices in teaching and
learning in a 21st-century environment;
• An assessment of school practices concerning safety and security of students, faculty recruitment, development, evaluation, and support;
• Enrollment management practices, including marketing, communications, branding, and competitive positioning
of the school;
• Strategies for integrating technology across the campus and into the classroom;
• Financial management and controls;
• Fundraising opportunities, especially involving Major Gifts and Planned Giving;
• Fidelity to mission and Catholic identity.
Qualifications and Qualities of the next Head of School:
As an independent Catholic school in the Adrian Dominican tradition, Rosarian fosters a respectful, values-based experience welcoming of all faith traditions. The Board seeks a spiritually-centered leader with passion for mission and a deep appreciation of Gospel values who can provide strong, visionary leadership.
Essential qualifications include the following:
• Joyful and collaborative servant leadership combined
with a sense of urgency and a track record of exceptional results in a private school environment.
• Knowledge of research-based best practices in teaching and learning.
• Master’s degree or higher in educational administration or related field.
• Minimum of 10 years’ teaching and administrative experience in an independent school environment, preferably at the PK-8 level and including progressive, child-centered education practices.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and a desire to serve in a high-profile role.
• Outstanding institution-building skills including fundraising and friend raising (with emphasis on Major Gifts), family engagement, and enrollment management.
• A desire to make a difference in the lives of children and families.
Interested candidates must submit the following materials no later than October 15, 2014:
• Cover letter explaining why you are interested in this opportunity and how your leadership values and experience align with the mission of the school.
• Current resume (with dates).
• List of five (5) references with contact information.
Materials should be submitted via email to:
Senior Search Consultant and Catholic Schools Practice Leader
Carney, Sandoe & Associates