Youth Ministry Activities Coordinator
St. Philip Church, located in historic downtown Franklin, TN, about 20 miles south of Nashville, is a well-established parish of over 1,500 families (English and Spanish speaking) with a talented and energetic staff and volunteer base. The parish is seeking candidates to fill the position of Youth Ministry Activities Coordinator. This position is full-time with a regular but flexible schedule and reports to the Pastor.
The Youth Ministry Activities Coordinator implements, manages, publicizes and promotes activities and programing for youth in Middle School, High School and College. Activities and programming will be communicated through the parish and diocese in a variety of ways including social media. The Youth Ministry Activities Coordinator supports lifelong learning and meets the needs of students.
In collaboration with the Youth Ministry Coordinator of Catechesis, will provide formation and leadership development to the student members of the peer minister team, prepare and manage the budget for youth ministry, and coordinate retreats, outreach, service and social opportunities that provide catechetical and spiritual formation for students in middle school, high school and college.
The Youth Ministry Activities Coordinator will train and motivate adult and youth volunteers to minister to teens. Through collaboration with parish and ministry leadership will find ways to engage and integrate youth into the life of the parish.
• A degree in education/youth ministry/theology or a degree in another field with a certification in youth ministry or catechesis or demonstrated progress toward certification.
• Prior youth ministry experience in a parish setting
Other Skills or Requirements:
• Roman Catholic in good standing
• Appropriate self-knowledge and ability to share the Catholic faith.
• Commitment to the mission of the church.
• Ability to work within parish structures and policies.
• Ability to work collaboratively with staff, volunteers, parents, and students.
• Ability to work without direct supervision – self- motivated.
• Good organizational skills with ability to prioritize and be flexible.
• Proficient computer skills, specifically with internet, MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Facebook Twitter, and Instagram
• Effective communication skills, specifically writing, teaching and speaking.
• Willingness and ability to work evenings and weekends.
• Bi-lingual skills in English and Spanish are a plus.
Competitive salary based upon qualifications and experience with excellent benefits package. All candidates must satisfactorily complete a criminal background screen and comply with Diocesan Safe Environment policies. Email resume to: email@example.com. No phone calls please.
DATE AVAILABLE: As soon as possible