- For credit and not-for-credit offerings available
- First-ever Summer Break@Aquinas offerings ideal for individuals or families
(ST. LOUIS) – When Aquinas Institute of Theology officially opens its 2009 Summer Session on Monday, May 18, those interested in pursuing theological and ministerial study for credit, enhancing preaching skills, learning more about formation in Dominican spirituality or – for the first time – participating in single session activities that raise awareness about different aspects of Catholic life and culture will find a summer home.
“At Aquinas Institute, we believe in Theology for Life! That’s why we have expanded our summer offerings this year to include something for everyone,” said Fr. Richard Peddicord, O.P., president of Aquinas Institute, a Roman Catholic graduate school of theology and ministry based in midtown St. Louis and founded and sponsored by the Dominican Order.
Summer classes at Aquinas Institute to be offered between May 18 August 19 include:
- For-credit one-, two- or three-week courses in scripture, moral theology, spiritual direction, Christian mysticism, pastoral ministry to singles and to mature adults and technology in ministry – as well as a course in church history offered exclusively in an online format;
- A weekend formation opportunity that will introduce participants to Dominican Spirituality through exposure to two spiritual giants Saint Dominic and Saint Catherine of Siena;
- A new Summer Break@Aquinas initiative that offers single non-credit sessions, focusing on getting to know some of the most significant Catholic contributions to St. Louis history and culture and on the monastic tradition of bread-baking in a spirit of joy and prayer with Father Dominic Garramone, O.S.B. (formerly of the PBS show, Breaking Bread with Father Dominic);
- Aquinas Institute’s famed Summer Preaching Institute (this year in a one-week intensive format, Monday through Friday, June 15-19) offered to all those engaged in Christian preaching, including Roman Catholic priests, deacons and retreat preachers.
For-credit class offerings will be offered at a reduced cost of $370 a credit hour. The cost for all single-session Summer Break@Aquinas offerings is $75, with a 20% discount offered to those participating in five or more sessions or who register for one session as a group of five.
To register for or to learn more about the many additional 2009 Summer Session for-credit offerings at Aquinas Institute, please visit www.ai.edu/summer or phone 800.977.3869 or 314.256.8804. The registration deadline for all Summer Break@Aquinas offerings is April 30, 2009.